[llvm-dev] [RFC] One or many git repositories?

Michael Gottesman via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 28 19:50:44 PDT 2016

> On Jul 28, 2016, at 6:23 PM, Lang Hames via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>
> Aaaand I'm (mostly) caught up. Phew.
>
> FWIW Chris B is right: I had been put off commenting on this thread by the length, and the number of git discussions that have come before this. He convinced me to make the effort to put my 2 cents in though - thanks Chris.

I am also having issues attempting to follow this thread (it is huge and filled with... distractions).

I would appreciate it if someone would put together a succint proposal that strips out the rest of the thread (unless I have missed it). This would help to center the discussion and involve more people in the discussion.

From a quick skim, it definitely seems like this whole proposal is about optimizing for a specific use-case, producing a clang based toolchain. But I really can not say without spending an hour or two reading the whole thread.

Thanks,
Michael