[llvm-dev] [RFC] One or many git repositories?

James Molloy via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jul 27 11:29:19 PDT 2016

Hi,

That's why we collate responses and provide summaries and proposals, which
is what Renato did. There are a lot of technical deep dives on this thread
that make it difficult to keep track of where consensus is going.

Besides which we surely care about all our users and developers, and not
just the loud ones or ones with enough cajones to chip in on a massive
thread full of big names without fear of embarrassing themselves. We also
surely don't want a slew of '+1 to the proposal 93 replies ago'; how does
that help anyone decide if consensus is reached?

How can you decide that people who don't see this thread don't get the
chance to vote? It's summer time and people *will* be on vacation. Do you
expect them to find this in their inbox when they come back and read
through every response? This is not realistic.

James