[llvm-dev] How to use map/set in LLVM to disable automatic sorting?

ZhaoKang via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 25 00:19:00 PDT 2016

Hello LLVM,

We found that many LLVM passes use map/set containers to increase the searching efficiency.

Although map/set has automatic sorting feature, the results after the same pass transformation are still the same.

If native map/set, we think the order after inserting new element may change.

So, my question is, does LLVM use its own-defined structure instead of native map/set? Or, LLVM disables such feature for map/set?

Could you give a detailed explanation?

Thanks!

Kang