[llvm-dev] [RFC] One or many git repositories?

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Jul 23 06:46:55 PDT 2016

On 23 July 2016 at 12:38, David Chisnall via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> I think that we do need some decent documentation for how people with clones of the existing github.com/llvm-mirror repos produce a unified repository that they can then merge from upstream, but it looks pretty nice.

Indeed, it does, Thanks Mehdi and Justin for going the extra mile to
show how it's done.

> It will require a bit of effort for us to update various scripts, CI jobs, and so on to make use of this, but it looks as if the end result will be a lot easier to work with and worth the transition pain.

The point I made earlier is that we'll have *some* pain regardless of
what we change. If we change more, we'll have more pain, true, but if
we change to a place where we want to be, the change will only happen
once.

I think that's a worthy goal.

cheers,
--renato