[llvm-dev] [RFC] One or many git repositories?

Piotr Padlewski via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jul 22 13:18:31 PDT 2016

I have one reasone why we should not moe to monolithic repository - If you
do some light stuff like clang-tidy, that don't often require syncing with
clang, but you still want to have the most recent checks, then I don't see
a solution in monolithic repository.
And this is a real issue if you only have 2 or 4 core laptop to do work.
And I guess the the build system won't solve the problem, just a small
change in some llvm file will result in recompiling many files that
clang-tidy depends on.