[llvm-dev] ThinLTO status in trunk?

Adve, Vikram Sadanand via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jul 22 12:15:53 PDT 2016

First, kudos on the ThinLTO results reported in your blog post — they’re impressive and the system sounds really well engineered.

I’m starting to try it out on a large piece of software and I’d like to make sure I know what to expect.  The blog said it will be available in clang-3.9 but both clang-3.8 and trunk seem to have some degree of support for it.  What is the status of ThinLTO in 3.8 (preferably) or trunk (otherwise)?  Are either of these usable with multiple threads?  What about for a distributed build?

Thanks!

-—Vikram

// Vikram S. Adve
// Professor, Department of Computer Science
// University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
// vadve at illinois.edu
// http://llvm.org