[llvm-dev] Old mailing list links broken.

Sean Silva via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jul 21 23:59:45 PDT 2016

Hi Tanya,

I was spelunking through bugzilla and ran into an old mailing list link
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmdev/2006-January/005137.html (found
in PR36).

I expect this link to be broken since our servers are not on that domain.
No big deal, just change it to lists.llvm.org:

http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvmdev/2006-January/005137.html

Looks like that doesn't exist, as the list has been renamed to llvm-dev.
Next try:

http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2006-January/005137.html

Success! .... or is it? This doesn't look like the correct post that was
being linked :(

Is there some way for us to get to the intended page for these links?
(possibly with some mechanical transformations to the URL). It would be a
shame to not be able to follow these cross-references from the old mailing
list URL's.

-- Sean Silva