[llvm-dev] [RFC] One or many git repositories?

Justin Lebar via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jul 20 18:17:23 PDT 2016

> I actually would like to see an example of how you would checkout a common subset with the sparse checkout feature. jlebar, could you give us demo commands for this?

$ git clone --depth 1 https://github.com/llvm-project/llvm-project.git
$ cd llvm
$ ls
clang  clang-tools-extra  compiler-rt  dragonegg  klee ...
$ git config core.sparsecheckout true
$ echo "/llvm
/clang" > .git/info/sparse-checkout
$ git read-tree -mu HEAD
$ ls
clang llvm

I suppose you could even wrap this in a script and ship that with
llvm, if you wanted.