[llvm-dev] [CMake] LLVM_PROGRAM_PREFIX support

Sumanth Gundapaneni via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jul 20 12:47:54 PDT 2016

Hi,

   I am planning to add support to CMake so that the binaries of llvm will
have a prefix appended to it.

At this point, I am stuck on which approach to follow

1.       Append the prefix during build and install time. If so, this might
involve tweaking lit infrastructure to make sure lit picks the prefixed
binaries.

2.       Append the prefix only during install time.

a.       Either create symbolic links with prefixed names to existing
binaries. On windows this might create copies bloating the install directory

b.      Or rename the existing binaries with prefixed name.

We may not need all the binaries to be prefixed . It doesn't make sense to
prefix the utils FileCheck, not, count, llvm-config etc.

I might add two CMake variables

>LLVM_PROGRAM_PREFIX

>LLVM_PROGRAM_PREFIX_EXCLUSION_LIST (This will specify the list of binaries
that don't need a prefix)

Let me know your thoughts

--Sumanth G