[llvm-dev] Recompile (and re-link) a function at runtime using ORC JIT for an ARM platform

Lang Hames via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jul 19 17:59:57 PDT 2016

Hi Gavin,

However, after going through the code, it appears that the
> createCompileCallbackMgr (llvm-3.8.0) /
> createLocalCompileCallbackManager (llvm-git) do not support an ARM
> triple yet.

Not yet I'm afraid.

Does anyone know if ARM will be supported in the future and/or point me
> in the right direction?

Absolutely. I'm hoping to have ARM support for lazy compilation on Darwin
some time in the next month or so. Depending on ABI compatibility, you
should be able to re-use or adapt this for Odroid.

The APIs for lazy compilation are all designed to be target-independent so
in the mean time you should be able to prototype your work on x86/arm64.
Once the appropriate ARM ABI support lands porting should be more-or-less a
no-op.

Cheers,
Lang.