[llvm-dev] GitHub Hooks

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jul 19 14:34:14 PDT 2016

On 19 July 2016 at 22:09, Matthias Braun <mbraun at apple.com> wrote:
> About the status checks: This sounds like we have to setup some buildbot/jenkins instance that reacts when pull requests are created with a simple job
> that checks linear history, commit date for us and then marks the commit as good to push as the last step (or pushes it automatically).

IIUC, we don't need that. If the hook returns "success" (as it it
builds, or it's linear), the push is allowed. If not, it's blocked.

> (We could extend this later to more advanced pre-commit sanity checking like checking whether stuff compiles etc...)

Yes, and I think a lot of people would want that, but we need to setup
some infrastructure to do that (Jenkins, Buildbots, etc) and that's
not trivial.

We'll leave it for later.

cheers,
--renato