[llvm-dev] Not able to use PGO with LLVM+Clang built from source

Chris Bieneman via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jul 12 08:37:00 PDT 2016

Vivek, in case you haven't seen it, we do have full support for multi-stage PGO builds in CMake. The documentation is here:

http://llvm.org/docs/AdvancedBuilds.html#multi-stage-pgo

Your checkout will need to include LLVM, Clang, and Compiler-RT, and it will generate targets to run the full PGO generation. I find that using this is way easier than doing it manually.

-Chris