[llvm-dev] Dynamic selection of assembly mnemonic strings

Martin J. O'Riordan via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jul 8 04:58:13 PDT 2016

Thanks for the quick answer Bruce.

So far as I can tell (from a quick read), this is really for integrated assemblers/disassemblers - but we use an external assembler.  When invoking clang we would provide ‘-mcpu=chip_v1’ or ‘-mcpu=chip_v2’, and the mnemonic ‘LD32’ is only valid when compiling for ‘chip_v1’, while ‘LD.32’ is only valid when compiling for ‘chip_v2’.  But I will study the mnemonic aliasing carefully to see if it does provide what I need.

All the best,

            MartinO