[llvm-dev] cmake: program name prefix?

Krzysztof Parzyszek via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jan 29 08:57:19 PST 2016

On 1/27/2016 9:16 AM, Johnson, Nicholas Paul via llvm-dev wrote:

> I am curious, would the project be interested in such a half-way patch?

Given that there are two use cases already, I'd suggest that there is
indeed an interest.  Those who don't need this will probably not be
actively interested, so as long as nobody objects, I'd say, let's do it.

To recap: the proposal is to add a cmake argument PROGRAM_PREFIX=xyz,
whose only function would be to prepend "xyz" to the names of all
binaries installed through the "install" target.  The default would be
an empty string (or an unset value), so those who don't specify it won't
see any change.

Are there any objections to this?

-Krzysztof

hosted by The Linux Foundation