[llvm-dev] Vectors in Sparc

James Y Knight via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 28 12:55:11 PST 2016

That test does not crash for me on trunk, neither with "clang -S -o -
-target sparc test-sparc.c" nor "clang -S -o - -target sparcv9
test-sparc.c" (I'm not sure which you meant). So, maybe it's been fixed, or
maybe I'm not using the same commandline as you are.

However, even if it doesn't crash, Clang certainly isn't implementing a
correct ABI for vector types on SPARC. So don't expect interoperability
with other compilers for functions that have vector params or returns.