[llvm-dev] LLDB Windows MSVC buildbot out of memory errors

Zachary Turner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 26 20:52:42 PST 2016

Hi all,

Cross posting to all groups because I'm getting a lot of email about this
recently.

Changes that have gone into clang over the past few months have increased
the strain on the linker, and it's to the point that MSVC cannot link
libclang.dll without going over the memory limits of a a 32-bit process.  I
submitted a patch to zorg to enable a 64-bit toolchain for x86 targets, but
somehow this buildbot got stuck with a 32-bit OS.  There's no fix short of
wiping the buildbot and starting over with a 64-bit OS.

I'm hoping to have this done in the next week, but just a heads up so
people know what's going on.

If you're reading this and you have a buildbot that uses MSVC, check to
make sure that this doesn't affect you as well (i.e. you might need to do
the same thing)