[llvm-dev] Getting _eh_frame parser for llvm

Rafael Espíndola via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 26 10:24:42 PST 2016

On Jan 26, 2016 10:00 AM, "Igor Laevsky" <igor at azulsystems.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was very curious so I went ahead and resubmitted Pete’s original
change. So far no buildbot failures, looks promising.

>> On 26 January 2016 at 09:19, Pete Cooper via llvm-dev
>> <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>>>

>>> Sent from my iPhone

>>> Absolutely. We'll get to that stage, I hope.
>>>
>>> We'll need to work out if there's a way to abstract what we need from
each client without slowing down or complicating any of them too much.

>> +1.
>>
>> A common parser is definitely a good thing.
>

> Agree. However currently DWARFDebugFrame doesn’t have any public
interface. Would it be a good first step to extract some reasonable set of
accessors and back them up by unit tests?

Maybe. For splitting the only part we need is finding where each CIE and
fde is.

George wrote the code in lld that parses bits of .eh_frame and creates
.eh_frame_hdr. I think all it needs to parse is the location of the program
pointer for a fde.

So we have fairly small needs, so it would be nice to have an api that
doesn't parse everything upfront.

Cheers,
Rafael