[llvm-dev] lld: ELF/COFF main() interface

Eric Christopher via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jan 22 15:42:14 PST 2016

Rafael,

This is an unreasonable and unacceptable escalation of this thread. You
have been dismissive, derailing, and taking out of context everything
Chandler, and other long term active contributors have been asking and
talking about. Your tone has been inflammatory and unhelpful in what is
both a technical discussion and project discussion.

Irrespective of anything else I believe you owe Chandler an apology.

To further Chandler's arguments as far as the project is concerned, please
do keep in mind that: a) llvm is designed around being a reusable set of
libraries, b) Chandler is articulating in a very effective way what many of
us on the project see as the direction for lld. I, and others, have not
seen it as helpful to merely reply to all of his posts with a "+1" as
that's just adding additional noise - and we all get enough email.

-eric