[llvm-dev] [GlobalISel][RFC] Thoughts on MachineModulePass

Quentin Colombet via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jan 22 15:16:53 PST 2016

Hi,

In the initial thread of the proposal for GlobalISel, I have mentioned that it may be interesting to have a kind of MachineModulePass.
Marcello mentioned this would be useful for their current pipeline.

I am interested in knowing:
1. If anyone else is interested for such concept?
2. What kind of information should we make accessible in an hypothetical MachineModule? I.e., how do you plan to use the MachineModulePass so that we make the right design decisions for the MachineModule feeding those passes?
3. Who would be willing to work on that?

Thanks,
-Quentin