[llvm-dev] Testing an LLVM pass

serge guelton via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jan 22 02:05:36 PST 2016

On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 09:55:46AM +0000, Wehrli Johan via llvm-dev wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I’m currently writing an LLVM function pass and I want to know how can I test it?
>
> Currently, I try to compile some crypto library and check if the test suite are working but I don’t think this is very efficient.
>
> Does anyone has a leads?

Hi there,

what we do here at Quarkslab is a combination of:

- unittesting the pass (through lit)
- fuzzing the passes (through csmith & through various optimization flag
  combination)
- running the test suite of various open source project compiled with
  our pass activated (as you do)

hope it helps,

serge