[llvm-dev] HA: LLD benchmark results for all commits

Rui Ueyama via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jan 15 16:08:14 PST 2016

On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 4:04 PM, Davide Italiano <davide at freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 3:59 PM, George Rimar via llvm-dev
> <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> >> Well, from November 1st to the end of December, the linker got slower
> by about 10%, but you cannot attribute that decrease to any single change.
> That's the result of accumulation, and that's why I wrote it tends to
> getting slower. All the accumulation was offset by a single change, which
> is the string table optimization patch, though.
>
> Thanks for doing this Rui!
>

> > Ok.
> > There are few wierds also.
> > 257731 "[ELF/AArch64] Support R_AARCH64_LDST128_ABS_LO12_NC relocation."
> looks to have 0.425998862 link time what is greater than previous
> 0.415870616.
> > I dont think its because of this lld changes. So i guess other llvm code
> also affects.
> >

> That's about 2% which I'm inclined to think it could be just noise.

I agree with that. If one result happens to be 1% faster and the next one
is 1% slower, they differ by 2%. We need to take data points around them to
draw a conclusion. But the data point is at very end of the graph which we
do not have enough points around it, so I think it is risky to get any
conclusion from it.