[llvm-dev] [RFC] Removing autoconf from trunk

Carsten Mattner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jan 15 10:02:52 PST 2016

On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 6:46 PM, Chris Bieneman via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> The purpose of this thread was to propose removing configure on January 26th.
> There have been no objections, so I’m assuming that timeline is acceptable.

I'm all for having a single system in place, but as I asked in a
different thread
this week, there's no --enable-bindings=none/auto/ocaml/go/... available
in the CMake scripts. My CMake knowledge is purely as a user, so
someone with more experience might want to recreate this.
There's -DLLVM_BINDINGS_LIST, though it doesn't do what one might
expect.

There's likely other ./configure switches as well that need porting to
CMake flags.

I've been happily build llvm via cmake -G Ninja otherwise.