[llvm-dev] llvm AArch64 omit frame pointer optimization

Geoff Berry via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jan 14 07:33:10 PST 2016

Hi All,

I'm looking into enabling frame pointer elimination for non-leaf functions
in the AArch64 target.  I'd like to get it working when requested by
-fomit-frame-pointer first, then consider whether some target triples cause
it to be enable it by default when optimizing.  I'm aware of issues around
debugger support and unwinding, but was wondering if anyone else had any
thoughts/guidance that might be helpful.  Specifically, I'd like to hear
from any of the implementers of the current AArch64 frame lowering if they
know of any pitfalls to be aware of.

Thanks,

-Geoff

--

Geoff Berry

Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, a Linux
Foundation Collaborative Project