[llvm-dev] [RFC] Removing autoconf from trunk

Mueller-Roemer, Johannes Sebastian via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jan 13 23:52:56 PST 2016

Maybe the request stems from the (common) misunderstanding that the build folder cannot be inside the source dir.

source_dir/build_dir where build_dir is a subfolder of source_dir and doesn't contain any CMakeFiles.txt is *not* an in source build in CMake terms.

An in source build is when source_dir == build_dir and I agree that this shouldn't have to be supported and should be considered a bad practice with CMake and IMO has absolutely no advantage.

--
Johannes S. Mueller-Roemer, MSc
Wiss. Mitarbeiter - Interactive Engineering Technologies (IET)

Fraunhofer-Institut für Graphische Datenverarbeitung IGD
Fraunhoferstr. 5  |  64283 Darmstadt  |  Germany
Tel +49 6151 155-606  |  Fax +49 6151 155-139
johannes.mueller-roemer at igd.fraunhofer.de  |  www.igd.fraunhofer.de