[llvm-dev] [RFC] Removing autoconf from trunk

Joerg Sonnenberger via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 12 12:30:57 PST 2016

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 09:35:29AM -0800, Chris Bieneman via llvm-dev wrote:
> Now that 3.8 is imminently branching with the newly deprecated autoconf
> I think it is time to propose a process and timeline for removing
> autoconf support from trunk.

I don't know about others, but for me autoconf itself is quite useful
and I would prefer to maintain configure.ac still in the LLVM
repository. cmake is not an acceptable dependency for NetBSD, but the
only relevant part for us is the auto-configuring. The Makefiles are
completely uninteresting.

Joerg