[llvm-dev] Diff to add ARMv6L to Target parser

Daniel Sanders via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jan 11 03:18:44 PST 2016

Sorry for the slow reply. I returned from holiday on Friday and was immediately given urgent bugs to fix.

> To know about the progress on Tuple, check with Daniel Sanders and
> Eric Christopher (CC'd).

TargetTuple has more or less died out but MCTargetMachine is intended to deal with the majority of the problem in a different way. The latest on the MCTargetMachine patches is that Eric wanted TargetMachine and MCTargetMachine to have an is-a relationship but I found this introduced the diamond problem (because both have target-specific subclasses) and wanted to resolve it using has-a. Eric said he'd look into it again and get back to me. Meanwhile, I'm intending to write some temporary patches to enable us to fix some of the backend issues that MCTargetMachine was going to resolve. These temporary patches won't help with the triple problems and they'll require making several create*() functions take MCTargetOptions (which isn't necessary for most targets) but it will help me make some progress on the various ABI issues affecting MIPS.