[llvm-dev] LLVM pass error

Tim Northover via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Jan 10 11:41:03 PST 2016

On 8 January 2016 at 02:33, Rakesh Nair via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> Command : $ opt -load ~/LLVM/bulid/Debug+Asserts/lib/CSE.so -CSE < hell.ll >
> /dev/null

Most likely this is picking up opt from somewhere in $PATH, which only
has a middling chance of being compatible with what you've just built
even if it was based on exactly the same source. If it's an official
release and you're compiling trunk then it's doomed.

So try running ~/LLVM/build/Debug+Asserts/bin/opt instead (or wherever
autotools puts opt, I'm afraid I am guessing).

Cheers.

Tim.