[llvm-dev] Pattern doesn't match error

Krzysztof Parzyszek via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jan 6 06:45:41 PST 2016

This happens when the mayLoad field inferred from the instruction
pattern is different from the mayLoad field that is explicitly set in
the instruction definition.

TableGen will try to infer certain properties from the pattern used to
match an instruction.  If, at the same time, the property is specified
explicitly, it must match what TableGen inferred.  If there is a
conflict between the two, this kind of an error shows up.

Not sure if this helps.

-Krzysztof

On 1/5/2016 7:59 PM, Rail Shafigulin via llvm-dev wrote:
> I made a small change to my target and them tried to recompile it. The
> following error showed up:
>
> error: Pattern doesn't match mayLoad = 0
>
> A little bit of searched revealed that it came from here:
> https://github.com/llvm-mirror/llvm/blob/master/utils/TableGen/CodeGenDAGPatterns.cpp#L2861
>
> Unfortunately I can't understand what it means. Can someone help me out?
>
> --
> Rail Shafigulin
> Software Engineer
> Esencia Technologies