[llvm-dev] Diff to add ARMv6L to Target parser

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 5 01:13:21 PST 2016

On 5 January 2016 at 08:49, James Molloy via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> IMO we should support this, even though if given the option I'd have asked
> the linux guys not to invent a new triple. It's in linux now, and `uname -a`
> is a very standard way of obtaining the host's triple.

We do support v7l and we should support v6l. I though we did that
already, since RaspberyPi has been supported for years.

Anyhow, Artyom's proposal is the best, IMO, to treat it like an alias
and handle like v7A internally. If we end up needing specific
decisions in the driver, it should stay in the driver.

cheers,
--renato