[llvm-dev] Diff to add ARMv6L to Target parser

Artyom Skrobov via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jan 4 06:16:41 PST 2016

>> However, because the DefaultTargetTriple is armv6l-unknown-linux-gnueabihf,
>> and llvm didn’t know about v6l, it would fail to match and canonicalize to armv6.
>>  I added the notion of v6l to llvm to address this.
>
> ARMv6l was definitely there once. I'm not sure what happened.
>
> I'm copying the ARM folks that did most of the recent changes in hope they can
> shed some light.

Going back through SVN history, I cannot find any evidence that ARMv6L ever existed.

There used to be ARMv6HL, until r252903 changed it from an architecture variant into an alias for ARMv6K; i.e. ARMv6HL can still be used in a target triple.

For a reference, http://llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project/llvm/trunk/lib/Support/TargetParser.cpp?revision=238651 is the last version of TargetParser before any of our changes, i.e. authored purely by Renato.
One can see it has v6HL but not v6L.