[llvm-dev] lld as ld replacement on Windows (with MinGW)

Rui Ueyama via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Feb 29 10:10:31 PST 2016

This feature request has raised a few times since last year, and a few
patches were proposed, but no progress has been made so far. So we don't
know the answer. As the maintainer of the COFF support of LLD, I'm not
against supporting MinGW, but the proposed patches looked a bit too
intrusive to me, so they were not merged. If there's anyone who's
interested in supporting MinGW, I'm happy to help.