[llvm-dev] Building with LLVM_PARALLEL_XXX_JOBS

Sedat Dilek via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Feb 24 23:04:38 PST 2016

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 7:55 AM, C Bergström <cbergstrom at pathscale.com> wrote:
> On linux (not Windows) I doubt using Ninja vs make will make drastic
> differences.. (Others with actual numbers please chime in to correct
> me)
>
> /*
> I think the difference could be more beneficial if you're doing
> incremental builds, but I don't think that is what you're doing..
> */

What do you mean by "incremental builds"?

/me wanted to test RCs of upcoming LLVM v3.8.0 - not doing daily builds.

I am building a "modern" Linux graphics driver stack (libdrm | mesa |
intel-ddx) and a Linux v4.4.y-LTS.

Things will be more modern when I switch from Ubuntu/precise
(12.04-LTS) to Ubuntu/xenial (upcoming 16.04-LTS, beta1 should be
available today according release-schedule).
( I am a bit sick of backporting software. )

- Sedat -

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/XenialXerus/ReleaseSchedule