[llvm-dev] WebKit B3 (was LLVM Weekly - #110, Feb 8th 2016)

Antoine Pitrou via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Feb 16 05:58:33 PST 2016

On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 10:45:25 +0000
"Mueller-Roemer, Johannes Sebastian via llvm-dev"
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> I try to follow ToT closely. The amount of work required keeping things running is similar (some say slightly higher), but it gives you the advantage that the changes themselves are smaller and the set of commits you have to look at to find out what changed and what it was replaced by is much smaller (compensating for the lack of documentation of those changes and their replacements).

For llvmlite, we typically wait for a X.Y.1 release.  Switching from
X.Y-1.1 to X.Y.1 takes a few days on average.  We ship binaries for
several platforms (Linux, OS X, Windows) and using SVN head would have
us suffer from whatever temporary instabilities or regressions have
been introduced.

Regards

Antoine.