[llvm-dev] New contributor, `make test` not doing anything

Daniel Sanders via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Feb 12 02:33:38 PST 2016

Hi,

I haven't come across 'make test' before and this target doesn't exist when building with ninja. I'm guessing that make is checking whether 'test' is up to date, finding the './test' directory, and concluding there's nothing to do.

I think you're looking for 'make check-all'. There's various check-* targets for particular subsets of the tests but I don't know the one for clang-tidy's tests.