[llvm-dev] Guidance on cross compiling LLVM with mingw-w64 and cmake

ChrisBieneman via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Feb 10 23:09:41 PST 2016

The CrossCompile module is in a perpetual state of "when I get a chance...", and desperately needs some cleanup.

The problem you are hitting is caused by setting CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME. When you set that CMake sets a variable CMAKE_CROSS_COMPILING. That variable should only be set when your host OS doesn't match your target OS. Since LLVM needs to build host-capable tools there is some goop to call out and configure a new CMake build directory to target the host.

-Chris