[llvm-dev] GNU mailman questions

<Alexander G. Riccio> via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Feb 10 16:13:22 PST 2016

I think this first question is more of a GNU mailman mailing list issue
than a LLVM issue, but I'm asking here anyways as LLVM/CFE are the only two
mailing lists that I really use.

What's the point of the "batched" mail option if I get 11 emails in 24
hours? Is this configurable? What's the design reasoning behind it?

I have batching turned on because the LLVM/CFE mailing lists will otherwise
fill up my inbox really easily, and I'm more able to respond to messages
that I can actually see in my inbox. This seems to defeat the purpose.

Secondly, what's the proper way to respond to a message on the mailing list
that I see in a batched digest?

Sincerely,
Alexander Riccio
--
"Change the world or go home."
about.me/ariccio

<http://about.me/ariccio>
If left to my own devices, I will build more.
⁂