[llvm-dev] Code in headers

<Alexander G. Riccio> via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Feb 10 16:07:06 PST 2016

While investigating compile times, I noticed that there's no information in
the LLVM coding standards about code in headers. Many LLVM/Clang headers
have lots of complex code in headers - I'm specifically looking at the
Static Analyzer projects (seemingly slowest compile times, biggest
hinderance to my productivity) - that probably doesn't need to be there.
Nobody likes slow compile times.

What's the LLVM policy on code in headers?

If there is none, the Chromium "C++ Dos and Don'ts"
<https://www.chromium.org/developers/coding-style/cpp-dos-and-donts> page
offers a good starting point.

Sincerely,
Alexander Riccio
--
"Change the world or go home."
about.me/ariccio

<http://about.me/ariccio>
If left to my own devices, I will build more.
⁂