[llvm-dev] [RFC] Lanai backend

Krzysztof Parzyszek via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Feb 10 06:16:11 PST 2016

On 2/10/2016 12:24 AM, Chandler Carruth via llvm-dev wrote:
> [1] Yes, I know Hexagon chips are present all over Android devices, but
> I have no idea how one would go about actually programming most of them.
> Maybe it's actually much easier than I imagine, if so, apologize. My
> impression has just been that Qualcomm (the producer of the Hexagon
> chips) is by far the largest user of the backend if not the exclusive
> user. None of this is a criticism of course! =]

There is Hexagon SDK and development boards available:
https://developer.qualcomm.com/software/hexagon-dsp-sdk/tools
https://developer.qualcomm.com/hardware/mdp-810

I haven't used any of this, so I cannot comment on the ease of use or
affordability, but it's out there...

-Krzysztof

hosted by The Linux Foundation