[llvm-dev] [RFC] Lanai backend

Rafael Espíndola via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Feb 10 05:42:34 PST 2016

> Yes, I think this is a reasonable point.  The cheapest SystemZ system is somewhere around $75K, so widespread availability isn’t really a relevant criteria for accepting that.

And SystemZ is hopefully a good comparison in that is a new and well
isolated backend. Ever since it went in I can remember only ever
discussing 1 or 2 patches, and the last case pushed me to improving
common code (r255902).

Is it a good summary of the thread that everyone is OK with Lanai
being an experimental backend and we can discuss taking it out of
experimental when there is desire for that?

Cheers,
Rafael