[llvm-dev] [GVN] same sequence of instructions in if and else branch

Taewook Oh via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Feb 9 11:42:59 PST 2016

There is a phi-node "%phi = phi i64 [%cast1, %if], [%cast2, %else]" in the common successor. The actual control flow is a bit more complex, but there is a common successor block, and %cast1 and %cast2 are the two values that the phi node in the common successor takes.

Does the existence of the phi node affect optimization?

Thanks,
Taewook