[llvm-dev] Dependency relation between SUnits

fateme Hoseini via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Feb 5 16:02:58 PST 2016

Hi,
I am trying to modify LLVM scheduler and I have a question on SDep. I would
be grateful if anyone could answer it:
1. Does the Pred--> Succ relation between Scheduling Units represent the
fact that the execution of Succ is dependent to execution of Pred? for
example:
I1: Add a,b,c
I2: Mul d,a,5
I2 needs the result of I1. Does this represented as I1(Pred)-->I2(Succ)? I
am confused since the direction in the DAG graph is the opposite of the
dependency graph.
If so, for two SUnits: SU and N, can checking SU->isSUcc(N) reveals if N is
in anyway dependent to SU?
Thanks,
Fami