[llvm-dev] (Thin)LTO llvm build

Teresa Johnson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Dec 27 07:13:25 PST 2016

On Tue, Dec 27, 2016 at 5:23 AM, Carsten Mattner <carstenmattner at gmail.com>
wrote:

> After figuring out the fault in the configuration step and rebuilding,
> and then rebuilding again by forcing it with `ninja -k 16`, I managed to
> build everything but 12 ninja targets.
>
> I have to sift through them before I can report more, and I don't
> don't know if it's small enough to post here, but some of the more
> interesting errors are:
>
> llvm/projects/compiler-rt/lib/tsan/dd/dd_interceptors.cc:226:20:
> error: redefinition of 'realpath'
> INTERCEPTOR(char*, realpath, const char *path, char *resolved_path) {
>                    ^
> /usr/include/bits/stdlib.h:37:8: note: previous definition is here
> __NTH (realpath (const char *__restrict __name, char *__restrict
> __resolved))

I've never seen this before. Looks like bits/stdlib.h gets pulled in only
when _FORTIFY_SOURCE is enabled (which causes __USE_FORTIFY_LEVEL > 0). Do
you have _FORTIFY_SOURCE set somewhere? Can you try with that not set?
Teresa

--
Teresa Johnson |  Software Engineer |  tejohnson at google.com |  408-460-2413
<(408)%20460-2413>