[llvm-dev] (Thin)LTO llvm build

Teresa Johnson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Dec 24 08:14:16 PST 2016

On Sat, Dec 24, 2016 at 6:20 AM, Carsten Mattner <carstenmattner at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 23, 2016 at 5:20 PM, Teresa Johnson <tejohnson at google.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I'm really not sure, and I don't build or use libc++ myself. I was hoping
> > someone else would answer this part, so maybe fork it into a different
> thread
> > about that specifically so that the question gets more visibility.
>
> Will do if I don't forget about it.
>
> In the meantime, given no explanation for cmake warning about code that
> builds and works fine if done manually with the toolchain to be used,

I assume you mean the libstdc++ issue - I wonder if cmake is actually
picking up a different libstdc++ than expected. Can you look at the output
under the produced CMakeFiles directory? Specifically, I would imagine
there will be a more detailed error for this test in the CMakeError.log
file, and there should be some output in CMakeOutput.log (in the latter
search for LLVM_NO_OLD_LIBSTDCXX). What does the error output look like
specifically? There may be debugging options to cmake to help figure out
what is going on, not completely sure though.

I'll try to build with the updates config and see how far it gets, since
> gold is not
> used now. I want to say I doubt it will work, but I'll be optimistic.
> Expect a build report sometime today or tomorrow......

Ok sure. FYI I'm off for a few days now and later next week so my response
times are slow right now.

Teresa

--
Teresa Johnson |  Software Engineer |  tejohnson at google.com |  408-460-2413