[llvm-dev] llvm (the middle-end) is getting slower, December edition

Sanjay Patel via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Dec 21 13:36:19 PST 2016

I would have replied to this thread sooner, but I was busy adding more
instcombines. :)

The motivation for r289855 is in the commit msg (I'm out of the office and
can't look things up conveniently). Feel free to revert that and the follow
ups, however, if that patch caused a noticeable slowdown, then it suggests
we have a bigger problem?...that's a simple matcher (no value tracking
required).