[llvm-dev] *********How to get during compile time the base class of casted C++ object inside static_cast<> and dynamic_cast<> and the pointer of the casted object

Mehdi Amini via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Dec 21 08:43:41 PST 2016

> On Dec 21, 2016, at 8:38 AM, Paul <paul at sec.in.tum.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Mehdi,
>
> thanks a lot for your email. Actually I was disappointed by the fact that I was not able to get a useful answer to my two questions.
> As I observed that the questions move down along the list with time passing I decided to re-post them in the hope that the questions
> will have a better visibility.

I don’t think we have a guideline on this, but reposting more than once a week seems too much.

> Could you help me with the two questions? Finding an expert in this area would be of great help. Do you think the questions are not well stated.

As mentioned in my previous email, you got two answers to your previous questions that went apparently ignored. A good starting point would be to iterate from there. Reposting the same question means that someone may spend time answering the same thing as the answer you already got because your repost does not maintain the threading / history of the discussion.

—
Mehdi