[llvm-dev] How to create Debian packages for release 3.9.0

Sylvestre Ledru via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Dec 19 07:57:19 PST 2016

Hello,

Le 12/12/2016 à 18:29, Hans Wennborg a écrit :
> +Sylvestre who knows about these things.
>
> On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 2:24 AM, Kris van Rens via llvm-dev
> <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>> L.S.,
>>
>> I'm currently in the process of creating Debian packages for
>> clang/llvm release 3.9.0. For this I'm using the steps as explained on
>> 'http://apt.llvm.org/building-pkgs.php'. Up until now I have done:
>>
>> $ debcheckout svn://anonscm.debian.org/svn/pkg-llvm/llvm-toolchain/
>> $ cd llvm-toolchain/branches
>> $ sh 3.9/debian/orig-tar.sh RELEASE_390 final
>>
>> Now, as is explained, I would have to run 'unpack.sh', however, this
>> script assumes the version name to be an SVN-version-based name (which
>> is not the case for '3.9'). So I had to modify unpack.sh for this. Now
>> for one of the last steps of unpack.sh, there is the line:
>>
>>   cp -R ../snapshot/debian .
snapshot is for 4.0
debian/ for 3.9 package is available here:
https://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/pkg-llvm/llvm-toolchain/branches/3.9/

Btw, you can get the packages uploaded in debian directly here:
http://snapshot.debian.org/package/llvm-toolchain-3.9/1%3A3.9.1-1/

For example, to get the latest 3.9.1 package:
dget -x http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian-debug/20161214T151055Z/pool/main/l/llvm-toolchain-3.9/llvm-toolchain-3.9_3.9.1-1.dsc
will do the job