[llvm-dev] distinct DISubprograms hindering sharing inlined subprogram descriptions

David Blaikie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 15 16:30:54 PST 2016

The Clang changes might not take much longer (O(minutes)) than the LLVM
changes. But I wouldn't be totally confident in any of it scaling to a big
codebase - might be a bunch of small issues/cases I wouldn't've handled.
Might be worth spending a little (~half an hour, an hour) on all up, I
guess.

I can't think of a great heuristic for this, really. Measuring debug info
size impact isn't too easy, really, short of prototyping/experimenting. (at
least at this level of "how many of this kind of thing do we produce/how
big are they generally")