[llvm-dev] LLVM Documentation - How does it get updated?

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Dec 13 10:21:05 PST 2016

On 13 December 2016 at 18:03, Zachary Turner <zturner at google.com> wrote:
> If I look at the PDB documentation now (which is rooted here) it's all
> consistent with a certain point in time (again, I'd have to find the exact
> CL), but nothing after that point in time ever made it in.

I'm betting it was around the time we made GCC 4.8 the minimum requirement... :)

Generating makefiles
CMake Error at cmake/modules/CheckCompilerVersion.cmake:12 (message):
  Host GCC version must be at least 4.8!
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  cmake/config-ix.cmake:14 (include)
  CMakeLists.txt:582 (include)

However, the GCC on that machine is 4.9.4, so I have no idea why the error...

Unfortunately, we don't have a good way to capture errors with the
docs builds, so it ends up as "whoever notices first".

I'll speak to Anton and Tanya about this.

cheers,
--renato