[llvm-dev] cross-checking external declarations / debug info for declarations

Adrian Prantl via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Dec 12 08:52:21 PST 2016

> On Dec 12, 2016, at 8:44 AM, David Callahan <dcallahan at fb.com> wrote:
>
> I was able to add a call to EmitFunctionDecl in
> lib/CodeGen/CodeGenModule.cpp and then needed a corresponding LLVM change
> to handle SubprogramĀ¹s in the retained type vector.
>
> The diff D18565 is marked Abandoned. What is the future plans for
> supporting full-type consumers?

I proposed the patch to work around a preceived issue where we thought that dtrace wouldn't be able to find debug info for certain data structures in XNU otherwise. It turned out that this was a red herring, and with the motivation for the patch gone, I decided to abandon it. Feel free to take over the patch!

-- adrian