[llvm-dev] cross-checking external declarations / debug info for declarations

David Callahan via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 8 07:43:05 PST 2016

I am interested in putting together a tool which can verify that an external declaration conforms with the actual definition.

A.c:
extern int32_t foo();
Int bar() { return foo(); }

B.c:
int64_t foo() {  ... }

I had thought that I could use the debug information but the debug information in A.o does not include the type of the declaration "foo", just the type of bar.

Is there a way to include declarations as well as definitions such as a above? It appears there is a notion of "retained" types, perhaps I add a flag to retain declarations?

Perhaps a different approach?

Thanks
-david